BEFORE MAKING A DECISION…
1. How much of your legal practice involves my type of case?
Over 90% of my case load involves family law.
2. Are you rated by any independent group that evaluates the services you provide?
All Lawyers may submit to a review by their peers. I have chosen to do so. I am currently rated by Martindale Hubble and findlaw.com. Please click on the links to find out more about me.
3. How do you go about staying current on the latest changes to the legal profession?
I am actively involved in teaching and attending continuing education seminars & workshops all over the United States.
4. If you represent me, will I be working directly with you or some junior partner in the firm?
We have a full staff of resources in order to respond to issues in a timely matter, however, I represent all clients.
5. If required, how prepared are you to try my case in court?
In all cases, I work to settle without going to trial. This typically results in a quicker resolution, allowing you to move forward. However, when necessary, I am always prepared to go to trial. Over the past 12 months, I have tried more than 12 cases.
6. What other resources do you have available that can help me?
My practice has professional relationships with certified public accountants, psychologists, therapists, estate planners and financial advisors.
7. How long have you practiced in the Commonwealth of Kentucky?
21 years of professional and personal service to family challenges.
If after reading our answers to those 7 questions, you feel that my practice fits well with your particular issue, then the next step is to schedule an initial consultation. During that meeting, I will tell you a bit more about my background and practice, but more importantly, we will discuss the details of your situation. From our discussions, we can then make a decision on what will work best for you and your family. Because, after all, my main focus is to help you through any difficult situation. To schedule the consultation, please contact Melanie Prentice at (502) 540-5700, or click on the Contact Us button below.